MP Board class 10 Pre board 2022 solutions, MP pre-board English paper solution 2022, MP board paper solution, Mp board class 10 Pre board paper 2022 solutions pdf
Pre-BOARD EXAM 2021-22
Subject – English Maximum Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
- All Question are Compulsory
- Marks of each question are given against them
SECTION – A (READING)
Q.1 Read the following passage and answer the questions given below. [1X5=5]
Long ago in Mongolia there lived an emperor who feared growing old. One day, he too, would age, he ordered all the old people to leave his land. One day, a violent storm swept the kingdom. Nothing was safe from its fury. It roared into the palace and blew away the emperor’s belongings, including his priceless golden pitcher. When the storm ended, the emperor ordered that the pitcher be found and brought back to him. People went in search of the pitcher. They saw it in a lake nearby. But no matter who tried, no one could get a grip on the pitcher. All they got was a handful of water. Yet it could be plainly seen, glittering and just below the water’s surface!
i. The emperor was upset to see the old man because
(a) It reminded him that he would grow old too.
(b) It reminded him that he had to colour his hair.
(c) It reminded him that he might fall ill.
(d) It reminded him of his grandfather.
Ans – (a) It reminded him that he would grow old too.
ii. The people saw the golden pitcher
(a) In a pit nearby. (b) inside the place. (c) in a lake nearby (d) in a river nearby.
Ans- (c) in a lake nearby
iii. the emperor’s orders were that all the
(a) Old men should live in his land.
(b) Young men should stay in his land.
(c) Old men should leave his land.
(d) Children should leave his land.
Ans.- (c) Old men should leave his land.
iv. What did the people who went to bring the pitcher get?
(a) A handful of air. (b) The pitcher’s handle. (c) A handful of water. (d) Nothing at all.
Ans- (c) A handful of water.
v. The emperor feared
(a) getting weak (b) getting ill. (c) getting young. (d) getting old.
Ans- (d) getting old.
Q.2 Read the following passage and answer the questions given below.
There are three main groups of oils-animal, vegetable and mineral. Great quantities of animal oil come whales, those enormous creatures of the sea, which are the largest of the animals remaining in the world. To protect the whales from the cold of the Arctic seas, nature has provided them with a thick covering of fat, called blubber. When the whale is killed, the blubber is stripped off and boiled down. It produces a great quantity of oil which can be made into food for human consumption. A few other creatures yield oil, but none so much as the whale. The livers of the cod and halibut, two kinds of fish, yield nourishing oil. Both cod liver oil and halibut oil are given to sick children and other invalids who need certain vitamins. Vegetable oil has been known from very old times. No household can get on without it, for it is used in cooking. Perfumes may be made from the oils of certain flowers. Soaps are made from vegetable and animal product and the oils of certain flowers.
(i) The main source of animal oil is_____.
(a) Whale (b) sea weeds (c) fish (d) plant
Ans- (a) Whale
(ii) Vegetable oil is mainly used for____.
(a) Cooking (b) making perfumes (c) making soap (d) making lubricants
Ans- (a) Cooking
(iii) The……. Of fish yields nourishing oil.
(a) Stomach (b) eyes (c) liver (d) head
Ans- (c) liver
(iv) The thick protective covering of fat on a whale is called a —-
(a) Cells (b) blubber (c) skin (d) fins
Ans- (b) blubber
(V) The noun form of the word ‘protect’ is ___.
(a) Protected (b) proactive (c) protectable (d) protection
Q.3 Read the passage and make notes on it and also give a suitable title.
The heart is one of the most vital components of the human body. The heart of the human body has the continuous job to keep oxygen-rich blood flowing through the body. All the body’s cell need a constant supply of oxygen, particularly in the brain. The brain cells live only four to five minutes after the oxygen is cut off and death comes to the entire body. Heart disease can result from damage to the heart muscles, the valves or the pacemaker. If the muscle is damaged, the heart is unable to pump properly. If the valves are damaged, blood cannot flow normally. Dr John Gibbon of U.S.A. developed a machine in 1953 that could take over temporarily from the heart. Surgeons had the chance to repair or replace a defective heart. Many patients have had plastic valves Inserted in their hearts when their hearts were faulty. Many people are now being kept alive with tiny battery operated pace makers.
Title- Importance of heart
Notes- 1. The heart is most important in our body because without the use of best heart you can’t live the best life.
2. It is connected to a human body in which we can feel our fitness.
- All the body’s cell needs a contents of supply of oxigen.
- Oxygen supply should be in the brain always.
- Nowadays we must observe and see the condition of the healthy person who is also feared growing the infection of virus.
- Heart is just like a machine that’s why we should not take over load and tention.
The important work of the heart in the body is a continuing job to keep oxygen-rich blood flowing to the body.
Doctor john Gibbon who was from the U.S.A developed a machine in 1953 for the temporarily heart surgon..
Many people now keep alive with a small battery which is operated by pacemakers.
The relation of heart is directly connected to the brain and its cells.
Q.4 you are Anoop Sharma studying in Govt. High School, Rewa. Write an application to the principal of your school requesting him to issue your transfer Certificate because your father has been transferred to Bhopal.
Govt High School,
Subject – For issuing the Transfer Certificate (T.C.).
I beg to state that I am a student of Class 10th, Section ‘A’ of your school. I have passed the 9th class Examination this year.
Now, my father has been transferred to Bhopal from here.
Therefore/so/that’s why I will be unable to continue my studies here.
Please, kindly issue me School Leaving Certificate (Transfer Certificate) with a Character Certificate as early as possible for my further studies.
Dated: 24 January 2022
You are Pramod Mishra. Write a letter to your friend Amit inviting him to attend the marriage ceremony of your brother
248, Ganga Nagar
How are you ? I think you will be the best there. I want to share my family function with you. that’s why the program will be according to the date of the month.
you will be very glad to know that my brother’s marriage is taking place on 23rd of next month. the party We all will leave for Bhopal on the 22nd of next month. obviously, my brother has asked me for inviting you.
Therefore you are cordially invited to attend the marriage.
you are requested to come before the marriage time to help us in preparations.
Convey my best regards to Uncle, Aunty and love to Bunty.
Q.5 Write an essay on any one of the following topics in about 150 words.
a. My hobby
b. Wonders of Science
c. Importance of Games and Sports
d. An Indian Festival
Write an article/a paragraph on any one of the following topics in about 150 words.
- Student Life and Discipline
- Importance of Trees
- Swachchha Bharat Mission
- Advantage and disadvantages of Mobile Phones
Importance of Game and Sports
- Introduction – Games are very necessary for us. There is a saying that a sound mind lives in a sound body. If we are weak and sick, our mind cannot work properly. Games not only keep us healthy, but also make our mind sharp and tough. They also develop good qualities like brotherhood, co-operation and team work.
- My Favourite Game – There are several games and a person plays one of the games in which he takes much interest. My favourite game is cricket. I like this game very much. In my childhood I played with a plastic bat and ball. When I grew up, I used to play with the boys of my neighbourhood.
- The Matches- Cricket is played at several levels. Many International matches are organised. People watch these games live, telecast on TV. They take great interest in these matches. National feelings are attached with it. One-day and T-20 format of matches have become very popular.
- A Match Played in Our School- A limited over match was arranged in our school. One team was Principal’s Eleven and the other Teachers’ Eleven. The match was arranged on a Sunday. Many guests were invited. Our Parents were also invited. I was in the team of Teachers’ Eleven. The match was fixed for 30 overs. Principal Eleven won the toss and they preferred to bat. The openers of the Principal Eleven were Shafi Mohammad and Gopal Nikam. Shafi Mohammad scored 12 runs and was caught out. Sukhdev was our bowler. Gopal Nikam played for a long time. He is a very good player. He scored 25 runs with 2 fours and 1 sixer. Two players were run out. All the players were out in 29 overs with 100 runs. Then our team started batting. Our openers were Mukesh Makwane and Nilesh Rawal. They played very well and made 50 runs. I could not make many runs. I was caught trying to hit a boundary. We made 102 runs in 29 overs and 2 balls. Thus we won the match. The opposite team also played very well.
- Conclusion – Cricket is a wonderful game. It is more enjoyable when it is played with perfect honesty and fairness.
Q. 7 Fill in the blanks choosing the correct alternatives given in the brackets.
- He is …..hour late. (a/an/the) Ans -an
- His uncle died…..cancer. (from/of/to) Ans-of
- He wanted to ……an engineer (become/becomes/becoming) Ans- become
- We …..wear mask in crowded places. (should/used/ought) Ans-should
- He is not going to office…..he is ill. (and/so/because) Ans-because
- There is not ……water in the pool. (some/any/many) Ans–some
Q.8 Do as directed (Any five)
i. Ravi is very intelligent. He can pass this exam easily. ( Combine the sentences using ‘so—that’)
Ans – Ravi is so intelligent that he can pass this exam easily.
ii. Children are making toys. (Change the Voice)
Ans- Toys are being made by children.
iii. If you run fast, you can catch the bus. (Rewrite the sentence using ‘Unless’ in place of ‘ If ’ )
Ans – Unless you run fast, you cannot catch the bus.
iv. He did his work well. (Change into Negative)
Ans – He did not do his work well.
v. They are selling their house. (Change into Present Perfect Tense)
Ans- They have sold their house.
vi. Seema is my sister. She is sitting at the last bench. (combine the sentence using ‘who’)
Ans – Seema, who is sitting at the last bench, is my sister.
Q.9 Answer the following questions: (Any six)
i. How much money did Lencho want?
(a) 100 pesos (b) 50 pesos (c) 10 pesos (d) 70 pesos
Ans- 100 pesos
ii. What did the cow shake on the poet?
(a) Dust of soil (b) dust of snow (c) dust of tree (d) dust of ash
Ans-dust of snow
iii. According to Nelson Mandela, what is a country’s greatest wealth?
(a) Its mineral (b) its people (c) its traditions (d) its forests
Ans- its people
iv. Which of these names did Anne give to her diary?
(a) Kitty (b) Bitty (c) Kitten (d) Mitten
v. In what way Peggy was cruel to Wanda?
- She made fun of her.
- She used to push her on the ground.
- She used to insult her.
- She used to bully her.
Ans- She used to bully her.
vi. Coorg is famous for _______.
(a) Tea (b) bread (c) coffee (d) green
vii. Where did Siddhartha vow to stay until his enlightenment came?
(a) his palace (b) under peepal tree (c) under banayan tree (d) under a tree
Ans- under peepal tree
Q.10 (A) Read the following extract from the prose and answer the questions given below.
The house- the only one in the entire valley sat on the crest of a low hill. From this height one could see the river and the field of ripe corn dotted with the flowers that always promised a good harvest.
The only thing that the earth needed was a downpour or at least a shower. Throughout the morning Lencho who knew his fields intimately had done nothing else but see the sky towards the north-east.
- From which lesson has this text been taken? (a) A letter to God (b) His first Flight (c) Black Aeroplane
- Where was Lencho’s house situated? (a) At the foot of a hill (b) In the village (c) On the crest of a low hill
- Find out the word, from the above passage, which is similar to the word ‘closely’ (a) Promised (b) dotted (c) intimately
(B) Read the following extract from the poetry and answer the questions given below.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
- From which poem have these lines been taken? (a) Fire and Ice (b) A Tiger in the Zoo (c) The Ball Poem
- What is the meaning of ‘perish’? (a) Rise (b) die (c) glow
- Write the name of the poet of the above poem. (a) Carolyn Wells (b) Robin Klein (c) Robert Frost
Q.11 Answer the following questions in about 30 words. (Any six)
I. What did Lencho hope for?
Ans- Lencho hoped for a good rain as it was much needed for a good harvest.
ii. What does courage mean to Mandela?
Ans- For Mandela, courage does not mean the absence of fear but a victory over fear. According to him brave men need not only be fearless but should be able to conquer fear.
iii. Why was the young seagull afraid to fly?
Ans- The young seagull was afraid to fly because it was his first flight and he feared falling and hurting, himself. The seagull thought that his wings would not support him while flying. yes, it is natural that doing something for the first time can ve a bit challenging and frightening. All birds are afraid of making their first flight. Similarly a human baby is also afraid of taking the first step and finds it challenging when it learns to crawl or stand up without support.
iv. Why does Anne want to keep a diary?
Ans- Anne wants to keep a diary as she doesn’t have friends. She needs some channel through which she can get rid off all the burden and pain she is suffering from.
Hence, she wants to keep a diary. Anne Frank is searching for a friend in the form of her diary.
v. What did Mr. Petronski’s letter say?
Ans- Mr. Pertronski’s letter said that wanda would not come to school anymore. They were moving away to a big city. He also said that there, nobody would ask them why they had funny names because there were plenty of funny names in the city.
vi. What is the baker called in Goa? What did the bakers wear in Portuguese days?
Ans- The baker called is called a pader in Goa. In the Portuguese days, the bakers had a peculiar dress known as the kabai. It was a single-piece long frock reaching down to the knees.
vii. Why was Rajvir excited to see the tea garden?
Ans- Rajvir had never seen a tea garden before. He was much excited about the trip to his friend’s house as he wanted to enjoy the beauty of the tea gardens and know more about tea. So the sight of a tea garden excited him. But Pranjol had seen born and brought upon tea plantation. He had seen them many a time so he was not excited as his friend.